Snapper Ceviche – Chef Irie’s Version
Snapper Ceviche is a savory Latin-American dish made with citrus and seafood. Switch out the seafood ingredient to make it your own way.
- 1 lb fresh snapper (no skin or bones)
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 – 5 cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/4 cup medium diced mangoes (ripe but firm)
- 1/4 cup diced red and green peppers
- 1/4 tsp chopped ginger
- 1/4 tsp diced jalapenos
- 1/4 cup red onions julienned
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Cilantro sprigs and plantain chips for garnish
- Dice snapper fillets into 1/2″ cubes, place in a bowl and add a quarter of the lemon and orange juice. Place that bowl into another with ice for 10 minutes
- Drain snapper and place in a medium clean bowl
- Add chopped vegetables and fruit
- Add fresh lemon and orange juice, salt and pepper to taste, and rough chopped cilantro
- Mix together all ingredients and spoon into martini glasses
- Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs and plantain chips
- Use snapper, shrimp, mahi, tuna or any other firm white fish.
- Use lemon, lime, orange or grapefruit juice.
- Use fish within 2 days of purchase for maximum freshness.