Chef Irie’s Green Plantain Chips
This crunchy, salty snack may be found in the ethnic section of your neighborhood supermarket. In case you can’t find green plantain chips or want to try it at home, here’s Chef Irie’s recipe. Try it with Chef Irie’s Ripe Plantain and Cream Cheese Dip.
- 2 green plantains, peeled and sliced thinly
- Canola oil for frying
- Salt & pepper
- Set medium sauce pan with oil on medium heat. Get temperature to 350 deg.
- Place plantain strips in oil in small batches and fry until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oil and place on paper towel to drain.
- Season immediately with salt and pepper.
- Chips can be eaten warm or when cooled.
- Chips can be seasoned with a spice blend of your choosing to get a more robust kick. Here’s one to consider – cayenne, garlic powder, salt, paprika, ground cumin