Mango Ketchup by Chef Irie
Mango Ketchup, made by Chef Irie is Season 1 of Taste the Islands, is something many people may have never thought of before. It adds sweet, tangy and spicy flavor to any dish. With just a few simple ingredients, it’s simple and fun. Try it with Chef Irie’s Bake and Shark recipe.
- 2 ripe mangos
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1-2 scotch bonnet peppers, minced
- Peel and cut mango flesh from pit.
- In a food processor or blender, puree mango flesh, vinegar, ginger and scotch bonnet peppers.
- Add mango puree to a heavy- bottomed saucepan. Over medium-low heat, allow puree to simmer for 1 hour, or until reduced and thickened.
- Remove from the heat and let cool. Refrigerate ketchup for 24 hours before using. Store unused ketchup in refrigerator in an airtight container.