Piña Asada (Grilled Pineapple Sices)
In this recipe for Piña Asada or Grilled Pineapple, pineapple slices are dipped in brown sugar and butter, and then grilled to sweet perfection. They’re quick and easy to throw on the grill at your next BBQ. They taste great on their own, or you can try them on top of ice cream.
- 1 ripe Pineapple
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 tbsp melted Butter
- Peel and core pineapple, then cut into 1/2 inch thick rings.
- Mix brown sugar and water in small bowl, then mix in melted butter.
- Dip each ring into the sugar mixture, or brush the sugar mixture onto the slices (make sure both sides are coated).
- Grill slices for 2-5 minutes each side, until dark grill marks form.
- Remove from the grill and serve.
- For richer flavor, substitute water with a dark Cuban rum and marinate slices for an hour before grilling.