To make a classic Cuban daiquiri you really only need three ingredients – a little something sweet, a little something sour, and some good rum. Variations usually include fruit juice or fresh fruit blended into the cocktail, like the strawberry daiquiri pictured above. This recipe takes a classic Cuban daiquiri up a notch with maraschino cherry liqueur and a garnish of brandied cherries. Try this elegant, no-blender-required cocktail for your next date night or get together.
- 2 oz white rum
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1/4 oz Maraschino cherry liqueur
- Garnish: thin slice of lime and brandied cherries
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker filled with ice. Shake well, until chilled.
- Strain into a chilled coupe glass and garnish with a thin slice of lime and a brandied cherry.
Adapted from Saveur.