Passion Fruit Mojito
The Passion Fruit Mojito is a special version of the traditional Cuban Mojito. The passion fruit makes it tangy, the mint makes it refreshing, and the dark brown, barely refined sugar gives sweetness and depth. Use real passion fruit pulp if you can, but if not, the Passion Fruit Puree found in your grocer’s freezer works just fine.
- 2.5 oz dark Caribbean rum
- 1 heaping tsp dark brown sugar
- Juice of one lime
- 10 – 12 mint leaves
- 1 oz passion fruit puree
- 1.5 oz soda water
- 2/3 of a glass crushed ice
- Mix together lime, sugar, soda water, lime juice and muddled mint leaves leaves.
- Add ice, passion fruit and rum, then mix vigorously for one minute. Garnish with a spring of mint.
- Add less sugar or more passion fruit and lime to taste.
Adapted from drinksmixer.com