Jamaican Jerk Burgers
Jamaican Jerk Burgers are as simple as they sound! With just a few ingredients you’ll take an American favorite and give it a Jamaican twist. There’s no need for a bunch of ingredients. Readymade jerk seasonings usually come in spicy or mild varieties, and include all the ingredients you need except maybe the salt. For this recipe you can either grill or pan fry the burgers. Add even more exotic island flavor by serving with a side of one of Chef Irie’s superbly un-boring salads.
- 1 lb fresh ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 3 tbs freshly grated breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs Jamaican jerk seasoning (powdered or paste)
- 2 tbs chopped white or yellow onions
- Red onions
- Leafy lettuce
- Burger buns (variety)
- Place ground beef in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together egg, breadcrumbs, chopped onions, and jerk seasoning.
- Add egg mixture into ground beef and mix until properly combined.
- Shape into large balls and then press into patties. Grill or pan fry.
- Serve on a selection of buns and garnish with, lettuce, red onion, pickles and tomato slices. Offer with optional mayo and mustard.
- Use spicy or mild jerk seasoning depending on who you’re serving.