Macaroni au Gratin (Haitian Baked Mac & Cheese)
Haitian Macaroni au Gratin is not your standard mac-n-cheese. This full-flavor recipe includes seasonings like Worcester sauce, white pepper, and mustard which can be adjusted to suit your own taste… and three different types of cheese!
- 8 oz penne pasta
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 chicken bouillon cube, crushed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 oz mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz parmesan cheese
- 3 oz cheddar cheese
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Boil pasta in 4 cups salted water until just soft enough to press.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg. Add all of the ingredients except for the Parmesan cheese and stir well.
- Drain pasta and add to the bowl. Mix very well to evenly coat the pasta.
- Pour everything into a large casserole dish and sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until bubbling and light brown.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve.