This sweet tropical cocktail with the flavors of coconut, apricot, pineapple and orange, the famous Goombay Smash, is the drink for a darn good time and a liquid experience of Bahamian nationalism. It was first concocted and served in the 60’s at the still infamous Miss Emily’s Blue Bee Bar of Green Turtle Cay.
- 1 oz coconut rum
- 1 oz dark rum
- 1/2 oz apricot brandy
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- 2 oz orange juice
- 1 orange, cut into wheel shapes (garnish, optional)
- Cherries (garnish, optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a shaker with ice.
- Shake well to thoroughly chill.
- Serve, with an orange wheel and a cherry.