Cuban Pineapple Flan
In this recipe for Cuban pineapple flan, tangy-sweet pineapple provides an exciting complement to rich, creamy custard. You only need five ingredients to make this super simple dessert at home, and chances are you already have some on hand!
- 14 oz can of condensed milk
- about 16 oz of heavy cream
- 6 eggs
- 1 large pineapple
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pour the sugar and water into a 9” inch round baking pan and place over medium heat to make the caramel. Simmer until just golden.
- Use a spoon to spread the caramel around to coat the bottom and sides. Put aside.
- Leave 4 slices of pineapple whole for decoration, and cube the rest. Drain any excess juice.
- Blend the condensed milk, heavy cream, eggs, and the cubed pineapple until completely smooth.
- Pour mixture into the caramelized pan. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Place the covered pan into a larger pan and add about 1 inch of hot water to the larger pan.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until set.
- Allow to cool. Turn flan out onto a plate. Decorate with the leftover pineapple slices and serve.