Cuban Merenguitos – Dessert Recipe
Cuban Merenguitos are one of the simplest yet most elegant desserts to make. With only two ingredients – sugar and egg whites – you can easily make this light and crunchy dessert. The mild, sweet flavor of merenguitos goes perfectly with coffee or tea, making it a perfect after-dinner treat which is sure to impress.
- 2 Egg Whites, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Turn the mixer up to high speed and continue to beat the eggs while slowly adding the sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form, 7-10 minutes.
- Either scoop spoon-fulls into the pan, or use a pastry bag to pipe the merenguitos mixture in drop-shapes.
- Bake the merenguitos for about 2 hours, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Turn off the oven, open the oven door a crack, and leave the merenguitos inside for one more hour.