Corn and Black Bean Salsa
Salsa is the Latin word for sauce and it can range in texture from chunky to smooth. This recipe for corn and black bean salsa is served chunky along with tortilla chips or as a side. It is robust with a mix of hearty flavors and textures.
- 15 oz can yellow corn, drained
- 15 oz can white corn, drained
- 30 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 14.5 oz can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 bunch finely chopped cilantro
- 5 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 1/4 cp lime juice
- 1 avocado – peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 tbs olive oil, or to taste
- Stir the yellow and white corn, black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, green onion, red onion, bell pepper, and garlic in a large bowl.
- Gently mix in the lime juice and avocado.
- Drizzle with olive oil to serve.