Jamaican Jerk Shrimp Skewers
Jerk Shrimp is a quick and simple recipe to serve as an appetizer or finger food for a tailgate party or a family gathering. Try putting a few pieces of red and green peppers and tropical fruit such as pineapple or mango on your skewers to really balance the Jamaican Jerk Seasoning in the shrimp, and add a bit of reggae color. Reusable stainless steel skewers are always the best to use for grilling but if you plan to use wooden ones, be sure to soak them for at least 20 minutes before piercing your shrimp and fruit to avoid splintering
- 1 pound (16 – 25) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup jerk marinade
- 2 slices pineapple, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 green, 1 red bell pepper cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- Marinate the shrimp in the jerk marinade for at least 20 minutes and up to over night
- Skewer the shrimp, peppers and pineapple alternating colors and pattern
- Grill over medium-high heat until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- This recipe uses pre-made or store-bought jerk seasoning. Get it in the ethnic isle of your local supermarket or make it from scratch using one of our other jerk recipes.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 20 minutes beforehand to avoid splintering.