Besitos de Coco (Puerto Rican Coconut Kisses)
Besitos de coco, which literally translates to “coconut kisses”, is the Puerto Rican version of coconut macaroons. This classic recipe is quick and easy with just one mixing bowl. Make these sweet kisses for the ones you love! Drizzle over melted chocolate and sprinkle with chopped nuts for an extra touch.
- 3 cups Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 4 large Egg Yolks, room-temperature
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. Coconut or Vanilla Extract
- Optional topping: Melted Chocolate and Chopped Nuts
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F and grease a 13″ x 9″ cookie sheet.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until completely combined to form a sticky, moldable dough.
- Form into 24 small balls and place on the baking sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.
- If desired, drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle over chopped nuts.
Adapted from The Spruce.